If you wish to assess the condition of your dog’s health,here is a very simple test you can do.
- Put your hand on the dogs’s head between his/her ears when he/she is in a standing position.
- Feel the softness of the coat /hair /fur under your hand.
- Now run your same hand down the back of your dog on the mid line region and note how the softness or coarseness of the fur changes.
- The coat/fur should be soft all the way down to the tail. (Excepting coarse coat breeds such as the Airedale).
Soft fur indicates good state of health.
- If the coat/fur is coarse especially just above the tail and mid line of the back, then the chances are that you have an underlying health problem is high…..